On March 5 – 9, 2012, NFPA will be co-sponsoring with NAFI in St. Louis for a four-day Fire, Arson and Explosion Investigation Training Program. This program offers a broad overview of NFPA 921 and Fire Investigation concepts. This program is suitable both for newer investigators and for more advanced students.
Training Program Topics include:
• Dynamics of Fire Investigation
• Chemistry and Physics of Fire Behavior
• Science of Fire Dynamics
• Basic and Advanced Fire Pattern Analysis
• Fire/Explosion Scene Investigation Techniques
• Diagramming of the Fire and Explosion Scene
• Collection and Preservation of Evidence
• Origin Determination
• Evaluation of Fire Causes - Failure Analysis
• Determination of Electrical Fire Causes
• Explosion Dynamics and Scene Investigation
• Effective Fire Case Testimony
Internationally recognized authorities will present illustrated lectures on fire and explosion investigation. The training program lecturers are among the premier fire and explosion experts in the world. All technical speakers are members of the NFPA 921 Technical Committee on Fire Investigations or its Task Groups. Nowhere else can the fire and explosion investigator meet and learn from these acknowledged experts in their fields, all gathered together for one training program. The program will focus on proper investigative techniques as outlined in NFPA Fire Code 921 - Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations.
This program completely satisfies the CFEI recertification requirements.
For more information about this training opportunity, contact www.nafi.org