So last week, May 30-31 2012, I had the opportunity to attend the NEMSAC meeting that was held in Washington, DC. With every NEMSAC meeting I attend I walk away at the conclusion of the meeting in awe with the amount of work and issues that this council is addressing head on, in order to improve EMS for all those involved. It’s amazing to see how focused each committee and the council is yet at the same time the issues are most assuredly varied. Here are just a few of the issues that were addressed:
- Fatigue in EMS
- NEMSIS version 3
- EMS Education Agenda for the Future and some recommendations that NEMSAC will make to NHTSA on the future of the Education Agenda
- Reducing barriers to interstate credentialing and licensure of EMT’s
- Evidence basis for EMS design
- Leadership and development planning in EMS
- Discussions on the Model Uniform Core Criteria (MUCC) specifically looking at MCI triage
Another exciting item that was discussed was the revamping of the www.ems.gov website, so I suggest you check it out and in my opinion what a great new format the site is.
While there were many other issues the council addressed these are just some of the bigger ones that come to mind. So I would also suggest taking a moment to go to the re-designed site to see what other things they are working on.
On another note I just wanted to remind everyone of the request for public input on a new project request on Community Paramedicine. More information can be found here.
Well have a good week and stay safe.