Date: June 5, 2012
Place: Capitol Visitors’ Center, Washington, D.C.
Time: 12:00 noon
At the event, the coalition will unveil the new website and ad campaign materials, and discuss ways community members can work together to adapt to living with wildfire.
U.S. Senator Mark Udall of Colorado will serve as Congressional Sponsor and honorary host of the event.
The Fire Adapted Communities initiative is sponsored by the USDA Forest Service, the National Fire Protection Association, and a coalition of leading wildfire agencies including:
- Ad Council
- Department of the Interior
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- National Association of State Foresters
- National Volunteer Fire Council
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group
- The Nature Conservancy
- United States Fire Administration