Learn what you need to know at a Wildland/Urban Interface Fire Symposium in San Marcos, Texas on September 20. The Austin/San Antonio Chapter of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) and the Texas Forest Service are jointly hosting this event to help educate building and fire safety professionals on wildland fire and safety in the built environment.
The program will feature presentations by Dr. Steve Quarles of IBHS, Michele Steinberg of NFPA's Firewise Communities Program, Justice Jones with Texas Forest Service and Tonya Hoover, California State Fire Marshal, among others. They'll be discussing:
- Wildland fire safety codes and standards
- Innovations in wildfire response
- Community wildfire preparation tools and technology
- Fuel-type modeling for WUI fire risk
- Firewise resources
- Home ignition research and testing
For more information and registration details, visit the SFPE Austin/San Antonio Chapter meeting page here.