A story of one woman who lost her son in an on-campus fire and is now educating students about how to prevent fires or, if necessary, escape one was recentlypublished on The Boston Channel.
In 1998, Michael Minger was beginning his sophomore year at Murray State University in Kentucky.
"In his dorm, there was an arson fire. It was the second one in five days and he did not escape the second time. He was killed in the fire," said Gail Minger, Michael Minger's mother.
The loss of her son sent Minger on a path she never dreamed of traveling. She formed a foundation in Michael Minger's name to educate college students about fire safety.