The NFPA Standards Council acted on the issuance of the Annual 2012 documents along with considering several appeals at its August 7-9, 2012 meeting.
Some of the NFPA Standards Council decisions have been issued and include the following:
- NFPA 61, Standard for the Prevention of Fires and Explosions in Agricultural and Food Processing Plants
- NFPA 72, National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code
- NFPA 150, Standard on Fire and Life Safety in Animal Housing Facilities
- NFPA 499, Recommended Practice for the Classification of Combustible Dusts and of Hazardous (Classified) Locations for Electrical Installations in Chemical Process Areas
- NFPA 1582, Standard on Comprehensive Occupational Medical Program for Fire Departments
- TIAs on NFPA 13 (2013 edition), NFPA 13D, (2010 and 2013 edition), NFPA 13R (2013 edition), and NFPA 25 (2011 edition)
- NFPA 1124, Code for the Manufacture, Transportation, Storage, and Retail Sales of Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Articles
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.