The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on August 7-9, 2012 at NFPA Headquarters in Quincy, MA. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on the issuance of NFPA 61, NFPA 72, NFPA 150, NFPA 499, and NFPA 1582
- issuance of the Annual 2012 documents with Certified Amending Motions
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 13, NFPA 13D, NFPA 13R, and NFPA 25 regarding antifreeze
- new projects/documents on design, performance, testing, and certification of two-way, portable (hand-held) land mobile radios (LMR) for use by emergency services personnel; common mass evacuation planning guide; and use of respiratory protective equipment for emergency response operations that do not involve structural firefighting
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules and committee scopes
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.