The NFPA Standards Council will be meeting on October 29-30, 2012 in Santa Fe, New Mexico. At this meeting, some of the topics the Council will address include:
- appeals on NFPA 750 and NFPA 1124
- issuance of proposed TIAs on NFPA 25, NFPA 30B, NFPA 51, NFPA 55, NFPA 101, NFPA 400, NFPA 1917, NFPA 1983, and NFPA 2001
- consider requests from Committees to enter new documents NFPA 475, NFPA 652, NFPA 951, and NFPA 1072 into cycle
- new document on installation, signage, use, training, inspection, maintenance, and testing of automatic external defibrillators (AED)
- consider requests from Committees to change revision cycle schedules
The NFPA Standards Council is a 13-person committee appointed by the NFPA Board of Directors that oversees the Association's codes and standards development activities, administers the rules and regulations, and acts as an appeals body. The Council administers about 250 NFPA Technical Committees and their work on nearly 300 documents addressing topics of importance to the built environment.